Christmas Trees at The Arbor Gate
The smell of Christmas is in the air at The Arbor Gate. Our Frasier Firs have arrived! We tracked their daily progress from North Carolina, with anticipation of the freshest trees available in the Houston area to find upon arrival still snow covered trees, fulfilling the promise of the freshest trees ever. Bring your family to The Arbor Gate for your holiday tradition of choosing the perfect, freshest tree available.
A few benefits of the Fraser Fir:
- Short Soft Needles
- Thick Hardy Branches
- Deep Green Color
- Refreshing Mountain Fragrance
If you really want to go green this year, take a look of the benefit of a real tree over a fake tree:
- NONRENEWABLE: Fake trees and wreaths are made from nonrenewable petroleum.
- TOXIC: Fake trees are make of PVC vinyl which emits toxic fumes into the atmosphere during the manufacturing process.
- NON-RECYCLABLE: Fake trees cannot be recycled. When they are disposed of in a sanitary landfill, they will not disintegrate, but will remain there forever, taking up increasingly scarce landfill space.
- IMPORTED: Fake trees are manufactured mainly outside of the United States. Most artificial trees are manufactured in Korea, Taiwan, or Hong Kong.
- RENEWABLE: For every real Christmas tree harvested, 2 to 3 seedlings are planted in its place.
- CLEAN: There are about 1 million acres in production for growing Christmas trees. Each acre provides the daily oxygen requirements of 18 people.
- BIODEGRADABLE: Real trees are biodegradable. In some areas, curbside recyclers collect used trees each year and chip them into mulch, make them into compost or use them for biomass fuel to generate electricity.
- MADE IN THE USA: There are about 15,000 Christmas tree growers in the U.S., and over 100,000 people employed full or part time in the industry.