Arbor Gate's Picks of the Month
Ne’we Ya’ar Sage Pesto
December 9, 2016 Back to Picks >
- � cup Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 cups Ne�we Ya�ar Sage, packed
- � cup Parsley, packed
- � cup Pecans, toasted
- � cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Process all ingredients in food processor until done.
Herbed Pate with Ne�we Ya�ar Sage
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 6 cups chicken, cooked
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 to 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 to 1/2cup fresh Ne�we Ya�ar Sage
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 cup pistachios, shelled and roasted
- Blanched vegetables: red pepper, green onions, spinach, squash, carrots, green beans or pitted olives
- Combine onion, chicken, butter and 1/2 cup heavy cream in food processor and cream until smooth. Check consistency and add cream if necessary ( Don�t make too soft)
- Add mustard, herbs, and lemon juice to mixture. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Fold in the pistachios.
- To add vegetables, layer loaf pan lined with plastic wrap, alternating meat and vegetables, or place the vegetables as an outside layer with the meat within the vegetable wrap.
- Wrap tightly with more plastic wrap and place another loaf pan filled with beans or rice to help compact the pate.
- Refrigerate overnight until completely firm. Remove and serve cold or at cool room temperature as pate softens in warm temperatures.