Arbor Gate's Picks of the Month
Crock Pot Corned Beef
4-5 pound roast beef
10 Bay Leaves
5 large cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon mustard seeds, whole
2 teaspoons Cracked Black Pepper
1 tablespoon coarse (kosher) salt
1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Ground Coriander
1. Place beef on large sheet of aluminum foil and rub spices onto meat.
2. Wrap beef tightly with foil and place into Ziploc bag and refrigerate for 3 to 5 days
3. Remove from bag and foil and put into large crock pot. Cover with 2 to 3 inches of water and lid. Cook on low for 5 hours or until very tender. Let cool for 30 minutes in cooking liquid and serve warm. To serve cold, refrigerate beef till temperature is below 40 degrees and slice very thinly against the grain of the beef.
Bay Infused Cr�me Anglaise
2 Bay Leaves
1 _ tsp Vanilla Extract
6 Tbsp Sugar
2 Cups Milk
1 strip of fresh Lemon zest
5 Egg Yolks
1. Scald Milk with Lemon zest and Bay leaves. Remove from heat.
2. Whisk sugar and egg yolks together until pale yellow.
3. Gradually add hot milk to the egg mixture until all are incorporated.
4. Heat slowly until mixture thickens and coats the back of spoon.
5. Remove from heat and pour through strainer and add vanilla and refrigerate.
6. Serve with cake or brownies or freeze as ice cream.