Summer is a time of high activity for pests as well as tree diseases caused by fungi and other organisms. In particular, populations of damaging scale insects, mites, and aphids will be elevated over the next few months. Signs of a tree pest or disease include:
• Discoloration, spots, or bumps on leaves
• Branch dieback, wilting, or thinning of foliage
• Mushrooms or fungal growth near a tree’s trunk
• Dark areas or oozing liquid on the trunk or roots
• Presence of nests or caterpillars
• Small exit holes in the trunk or branches
• Sawdust like debris
Some problems may be simply aesthetic, while others can be a real threat to tree health and vitality. As such, it is important to have a Certified Arborist inspect your trees to determine the underlying cause. Please call me at 713-692-6371 or contact me online to schedule a consultation.
Nothing helps me with my trees, I hope you can
You explain well with when people need our services. The summer is an especially important time of year where we help solve people’ trees in regards to insects and making sure that they are fully healthy.