Cooking Up Shrimp Cocktail With Your Vegetable BountyPosted on : August 15, 2013
What I adore about this recipe is the addition of some timely fresh vegetables. Our gardens are starting to produce tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and more in abundance – we need to get that bounty into our diet every day for healthier living.
Below is Chef Capistran’s recipe and a video you can watch we filmed on the beach so you can learn how to make it. Perfectly yummy!
Recipe – How To Make Shrimp Veracruz Cocktail
• Salsa or ketchup – 1 Cup
• Tomato juice – 2 Cups
• Extra virgin olive oil – 1/8 Cup
• Lemon juice – 1 1/8 Cup
• Tomato puree – 1 Cup
• Diced tomatoes – 1 Cup
• Chopped cilantro – 1/2 Cup
• Diced red onion – 1 Cup
• Shrimp, Cooked, Peeled, Chopped – Half Pound
• Avocado – 1/4
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• Tortilla Chips, Plantain Chips, or Saltine Crackers
1. In a large bowl mix the ketchup, tomato juice, lemon juice, and tomato puree.
2. Add the diced tomatoes, red onions, and cilantro. Let rest for at least one hour.
3. Add shrimp and the rest of ingredients to the bowl. Mix well.
4. Looks lovely when served in a cold martini glass with a few slices of avocado resting on top.
5. Serve with the chips or crackers.
Written by Shawna Lee Coronado
Shawna Coronado is a professional writer for green lifestyle living and organic gardening. Her organic living photographs and stories have been featured both online and off in many international home and garden magazines and multiple books. You can learn more about her at http://www.shawnacoronado.com.