Barrel Stay Flower Art For Your GardenPosted on : October 17, 2013
How To Make Your Flower Art
You will need:
- • Staple Gun
- • Wire
- • Wire cutter
- • Barrel stays
- • Old electrical extension cord (if you have one)
- • An old garden hose
- • Fans or another flat object to make leaves
- 1. Cut and wrap the old extension cord around the barrel stays. Hang with wire on the fence
- 2. Cut old hoses to function as the “stem” for the flower. Measure, cut, and then insert wire through the hose, hanging it just where the base of the barrel stay rests.
- 3. Thread fans or leaf objects onto hose then staple onto fence.
This is an easy project that can be customized seasonally for some extended fun. For example, during fall you can surround the flowers with brightly colored leaves stapled on with your staple gun. In the winter, wrap the barrel stay in brightly colored holiday trim. Get out there and have some garden art fun!
Written by Shawna Lee Coronado
Shawna Coronado is a professional writer for green lifestyle living and organic gardening. Her organic living photographs and stories have been featured both online and off in many international home and garden magazines and multiple books. You can learn more about her at http://www.shawnacoronado.com.