Arbor Gate's Picks of the Month
Lemon Thyme Recipes
December 9, 2016 Back to Picks >
Lemon Thyme and White Wine steamed Mussels
- 50 Mussels, cleaned
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Red Pepper flakes
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 12 oz White Wine
- 8 sprigs, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Butter, softened
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Saut� garlic in olive oil for 1 minute until softened and then add pepper flakes and shallot. Continue saut� for additional minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Next, add wine, lemon thyme, and butter and cook with lid on for about 12 to 15 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half. Season sauce with salt and pepper and then add mussels. Cook with lid on until mussels open up, which should be between 5 and 10 minutes. Do not attempt to eat any mussels that do not open.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving dish. Serve with crusty bread.
Roasted Olives with Lemon Thyme
- 3 cups Assorted Olives
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Thyme
- 1 Lemon, zest of
- � cup extra virgin Olive Oil
- � tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and pour onto rimmed sheet tray. Bake in oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool to room temp.