Arbor Gate's Picks of the Month
Dilled Potato Chowder
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 6 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs Potatoes, large dice
- 32 oz Chicken stock or broth (Can substitute vegetable broth)
- 16 oz heavy cream or fat free evaporated milk
- _ cup Dill, fresh and chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Saut� carrots, celery, and onion in oil about 3 minutes until onion are soft. Add garlic and continue cooking for another 2 minutes more.
2. Add Potatoes and stock to pot and cook over medium heat until potatoes are soft.
3. Add cream and mash about half of the potatoes and continue to cook for about 4 minutes until desired consistency.
4. Add dill to the soup and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with shredded cheese or green onions.
Dilled Cheddar Cornbread
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 cup Coarse Ground Cornmeal
- _ cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 2 1/4 cups Aged Cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup Dill, fresh and chopped
1. Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder and sift together. In another bowl, combine milk, eggs, butter, 2 cups of cheese, and the dill.
2. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined. Mixture will be lumpy.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees
4. Place mixture into a greased 9×13 pan and sprinkle remaining _ cup of cheese over the top of the cornbread.
5. Cook for 30 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
6. Remove from oven and let cool for couple of minutes in the pan. Remove from pan and serve warm or room temperature.